Savor the Flavor with These 3-Ingredient Cheese-Stuffed Naans!
Ah, bread. It’s the one thing that can bring us together in any setting—family dinners, brunch with friends, or even a solo snack. But what if I told you that you could elevate your bread game with just three ingredients? Behold, the cheese-stuffed naan, a simple yet decadent treat that’s packed with protein.
The Rise of Simplicity in Bread Making
We live in a time where less is more—fewer ingredients, minimal processing, and straightforward recipes. And let’s not forget the rise of high-protein foods. These cheese-stuffed naans embody all of these trends, making them not just mouthwateringly delicious but also aligned with modern food preferences.
Why Cheese-Stuffed Naans?
First off, they’re ridiculously easy to make. Second, they’re high in protein, thanks to the non-fat Greek yogurt in the dough. Yep, you heard that right—Greek yogurt isn’t just for your morning parfait anymore.
Greek yogurt is a game-changer in the kitchen. Here’s why:
- High Protein: Keeps you full, for longer.
- Rich in Probiotics: Say hello to a happier gut.
- Low in Lactose: Even the lactose-intolerant can join the party.
And the best part? It makes the dough soft and easy to handle. Even if you’re new to bread-making, you’ll be a pro in no time.
A Flavorful Heart
Let’s talk about that cheese center. When you bite into these naans, you’re met with gooey, melty, cheesy heaven. It’s not just there for the “wow” factor; the cheese adds richness and a different texture, making each bite unique and satisfying. You can even spice it up with herbs or seasonings of your choice!
Customize It Your Way
Dietary restrictions? No problem. You can easily modify this recipe to fit into vegan, gluten-free, or keto lifestyles:
- Vegan: Swap out dairy yogurt for coconut or almond yogurt, and use vegan cheese.
- Gluten-Free: Use gluten-free self-rising flour. Alternatively, make your own by combining gluten-free all-purpose flour with baking powder and salt.
- Keto: Use almond flour and full-fat Greek yogurt to keep it keto-friendly.
Stovetop or oven, your choice. If you’re pressed for time, cooking these naans on a skillet is super quick. But if you want that oven-baked goodness, just pop them in for an additional 10 minutes to ensure the insides are cooked to perfection.
Are You Ready to Get Cheesy?
What are you waiting for? Unlock a world of flavor and nutrition with these 3-ingredient cheese-stuffed naans. Remember, sometimes the most delicious foods are also the simplest.
So grab your mixing bowl, fire up that skillet or oven, and let’s get cooking. Your taste buds will thank you.
3 Ingredient Cheese Stuffed Naan
- 1 ¾ Cup Selt Rising Flour (or Sub All purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt)
- 1 ¼ Cup Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ Tsp Chilli Flakes
- ½ Tbsp Fresh Herbs
- In a bowl combine self rising flour and greek yogurt. Mix well.
- Transfer to a flat surface and knead until a smooth dough forms (about 5-7 minutes). Add slightly more greek yogurt to your hands if needed.
- Divide your dough into 6-8 sections and roll each section into a ball.
- Roll out your dough balls just flat enough that you can add cheese to the centre. Add shredded cheese to the centre of the flattened dough ball and bring all the sides together to close it into a ball again.
- On a skillet on medium heat, place your flattened naans in and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Flip once they’re puffed up.
- Optional: brush your naans with some melted butter, garlic, parsley, chilli flakes and fresh herbs.
- Optional: you can bake the naans in the oven at 350 degrees to let them cook for another 10 minutes or so if you find they’re not fully cooked on the inside.