All the substitutes you need to personalize them to your specific needs!
- Substitute warm milk with non-dairy milk like almond or Oat milk.
- Use a flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 2.5 tbsp water) instead of eggs.
- Replace Greek yogurt with non-dairy yogurt.
- Substitute all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend at a 1:1 ratio. Ensure to use one that includes xanthan gum, or add it separately if it doesn’t.
- Substitute all-purpose flour with almond or coconut flour.
- Use a sugar substitute like erythritol or stevia.
- Replace milk with unsweetened non-dairy milk or half-and-half.
- Replace powdered sugar with a keto-friendly powdered sweetener and Greek yogurt with unsweetened full-fat Greek yogurt.
No Fry Healthier Donuts
If you find yourself going through every krispy kreme drive through like I do, you'll love this health-ier version of their donuts, with simpler and more nutritious ingredients!
- 1 Cup Warm Milk
- 2 ¼ Tsp Active Dry Yeast
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar (plus ½ Tsp)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Plus more for brushing)
- 3 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tsp Milk
- Add the warm milk, active dry yeast and ½ Tsp of sugar to a small bowl. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes, until frothy.
- In a seperate larger bowl, whisk togethet sugar, eggs and coconut oil.
- Add the yeast mixture into the same bowl, and combine all the ingredients well.
- Add in the all purpose flour, 1 cup at a time, making sure to incorporate each cup before addig the next. A soft dough should form.
- Transfer your dough to a floured surface, and knead for about 5 minutes, or until the dough is no longer sticky. Add flour as needed.
- Place your dough into a bowl tht is lightly oil with coconut oil. Cover with a cloth and allow to rise for 1-2 hours or until a doubled in size.
- Roll out your dough to half an inch think and with a donut cutter, cut your dough into donut shapes. Save the donut holes to bake as well!
- Place onto a baking tray lined eith parchment paper. Cover and allow to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Once risen, lightly brush with coconut oil and bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until golden.
- Combine powdered sugar and greek yogurt in a bowl. Slowly add in the milk and whisk till smooth.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!