Simple and Healthy Beaver Tails
All the deliciousness of beaver tails, without all of that dripping oil! These healthified beaver tails are a treat your whole family can feel good enjoying.
- ¾ Cups Warm Milk
- 2 ¼ Tsp Yeast
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (For brushing)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the warm milk, yeast and sugar. Leave for about 8 minutes, until it becmes frothy.
- Add in the maple syrup, olive oil, melted butter, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- Add in one egg and combine again.
- Sift in the flour half at a time, mixing in between until a dough forms.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface, and knead well for about 3-5 minutes. Add more flour if necessary. The dough shouldn't be sticky, but not to dry either.
- Place your dough into an oiled dish, cover with a cloth and place in a warm location to rise for about an hour, or longer.
- Once your dough has doubled, divide your dough into 10 pieces, and form into little balls. Do this by slightly flattening out the dough, and folding the edges in, slowly bunching it until a ball forms. Place a cloth off the balls and allow them to rest for 15 minutes.
- With a rolling pin, roll out your dough long ways, into a 'beaver tail' shape.
- Place your beaver tails onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and brush with olive oil.
- Bake at 400℃ for 10 minutes, or until dough is golden brown.
- While still warm, add on your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!