Sauced and Tossed, What More Could You Want!Jump to Recipe
When you look at this recipe, you might think, wow this is so random. That’s because it is! This recipe was inspired by: whatever I had in my fridge. Dare I say, this is some of the stir-fry I’ve ever had.
The sauces in this dish might be an instant no for a ‘healthy diet’. But take into account the fact that I incorporated low sodium sauces, lots of vegetables, and listened to my cravings. There’s a lot more health in this dish than you might think.
If you’re craving this dish, this is your sign to MAKE IT! Giving your body what it wants will save you from over eating in the long run. Here some tips for mindfully eating whatever you want:
- Listen to your body! How does this food make you feed after you eat it?
- Eat everything, in small portions: You shouldn’t have to restrict yourself or give up your favourite foods, just eat them in moderation.
- Eat slow: Taking the time to chew your food and pause between bites will help you eat less in the long run while feeling just as fulfilled. Give your brain and stomach time to connect!
Next time your eating a meal (maybe some beef and broccoli stir-fry *hint* *hint*) slow down and ask yourself. What nutritious benefit am I getting from this dish? How does this dish make me feel? Am I eating with my eyes or my stomach? Small mindful and health conscience choices go a long way. They’ll turn your diet into a lifestyle, not a short term fad!
If you try out this recipe, make sure you tag @minoomakesstuff so I can see it too!
Saucy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry (Low-Sodium)
This juicy, saucy beef and broccoli stir-fry is filled with so much flavour, light on the sodium, and high on deliciousness!
1 Pound flank steak (cut into 1 inch strips)
1 Large Onion
2 Tsp Chopped Garlic
1 Tsp chopped Ginger
2 Tsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp Hoisin Sauce
1 Tbsp Low Sodium Teriyaki Sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tsp Sriracha
2 Cups Chopped Broccoli
1/2 Cup Boiling Water
1/2 Bag Rice Noodles
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Green Onion and Sesame Seeds for Garnish (Optional)
- Add your onions, garlic and ginger to a heated Wok or frying pan, along with sesame oil, and sauté until fragrant (about 2 min)
- Add in your sliced flank steak and sauté until cooked through (around 3-4 min). Add this point add any salt and pepper.
- Add in all your hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and sriracha, and continue to stir over medium-high heat.
- Add in your chopped broccolis and combine into the sauce and beef.
- Add your noodles (prepared based on packaging instructions) in, with 1/2 cup of boiling water and cover with the lid to steam until noodles are soft and water has evaporated, leaving a thickened sauce.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds and enjoy!
- I personally don’t add any salt, I find that the sauce from the sauces is more than enough.
- If you want a thicker sauce, combine 1 tsp corn starch and 1tsp water and add it into your sauce to thicken.
- Adding black pepper directly to beef when cooking will give you the juicy, tender and flavourful beef.
Leave a Reply