A fun fall activity and a nutritious breakfast!Jump to Recipe
Nothing beats going to an apple farm on a cool fall day, picking your own apples. Enjoying a warm cup of cider afterwards too. But if you add coming home and creating THIS recipe with the apples you picked, that is the ultimate fall day!
Apples are one of the most nutrient dense fruits that you can enjoy, and now is the time to take in some of those benefits! Theres a reason they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, here’s a few:
- They’re loaded with fibre (especially the skin), which is great for aiding digestion.
- They may help to protect against diabetes.
- They can aid in healthy weight loss.
- They’re rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, potassium, and lots more!
Now combine these benefits with the healthy fats of an avocado and the antibacterial properties of honey. You should need much more convincing to try out this toast tomorrow morning! There’s some weird flavour combinations going on, and you might not trust the process. But if you do, you might discover your new favourite thing!
If you try out this recipe, make sure you tag @minoomakesstuff so I can see it too!
For more recipes like this, subscribe to my mailing list here!
To check out my other recipes, click here!
Sweet and Savoury Apple Cinnamon Avocado Toast
This odd but surprisingly delicious avocado toast combination is the perfect fall time breakfast!
1 Rice Cake
1/2 tbsp Cream Cheese
1/2 Apple of choice (bonus points if they come straight from the farm!)
Squeeze of Lemon Juice
1/8 Tsp Cinnamon
Drizzle of Honey
- Place your rice cake on your plate and spread your cream cheese on top.
- Mash up your avocado and spread it on top of the cream cheese.
- Remove the core of your apple and slice your apple thinly, place it on top of the avocado.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice to bring out the flavours of the apple and avocado, sprinkle the cinnamon on top and finish with a drizzle of honey for a sweet touch!
- Optional: Pick your apples at your local apple farm like me!