All the vegetables you need this fall, all in one place!Jump to Recipe
Fall is all about soups! There’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup when your fighting these unavoidable fall colds. Not only does this Cream of Mushroom soup give you warmth and comfort. It also gives your body the strength it needs to get rid of that nasty virus.
And NO, you don’t have to be sick to have soup. This soup can be enjoyed by anyone and everyone! Soup lovers, soup hater, vegetable lovers, vegetable haters, vegans, non-vegans, you name it.
Here’s some of the nutritional benefits your body is getting from this cream of mushroom soup:
- It’s loaded with oats, which if you didn’t know is a nutritional SUPERFOOD!
- The mushrooms and carrots give you lots of Vitamin C, which can help your body recover faster and strengthen your immune system.
- Bone broth also has so many nutritional benefits, its rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and so much more, and can even help improve bone and joint health!
- It’s low fat! Using milk as the ‘cream’ of the soup instead of heavy cream significantly reduced the fat level of this soup.
If you add up the different nutrients your body gets from every healthy choice throughout the day, it reallt accumulates! So if you can’t commit to a completely healthy lifestyle just yet, start by having on healthier meal. Or just one healthier ingredient. Before you know it healthy eating will seem like the only way to go!
If you try out this recipe, make sure you tag @minoomakesstuff so I can see it too!
For more recipes like this, subscribe to my mailing list here!
To check out my other recipes, click here!
Cream of Mushroom Soup: Low-Fat, Vegan Friendly
This cream of mushroom soup is packed with vitamin C, perfect for fighting off a cold, getting your body the nutrients it needs, or just enjoying something warm and comforting!
1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
1 Cup Dried Old Fashion Oats
500 mL Chicken Bone Broth (can be vegetable broth for vegan option)
1/2 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
1/2 Cup Gratted Carrots
2 Tbsp Fresh (or Dried) Parsley
2 Cups Warm 2% Milk (can also be Almond, Oat or other vegan milk option)
Salt, Pepper and Turmeric to taste
- Add your onions to a pot over medium heat with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and sauté until translucent. Add in the oats and stir.
- Pour bone broth in and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add in mushrooms, carrots and parsley, along with seasonings and stir.
- Add in your warmed milk and allow simmer for 10 minutes.
- Optional: Blend with an immersion blender.
- Serve and enjoy!
- By substituting the milk and bone broth this recipe can easy be made vegan friendly!
- Blending the soup is a great way to sneak some vegetables to a vegetable hater!
- Milk cannot be added in cold, will ruin the soup.