Your daily recommended antioxidant intake, all in one chocolatey delicious bite!Jump to Recipe
If you know me, you know that as soon as the December begins, I am a ball of festive holiday energy! From holiday baking and cooking, to decorating and blasting holiday music, I do it all.
But I also know that the holidays come with A LOT of unhealthy eating, weight gain, and a general stray from our nutritious eating path! That’s why I’m on a mission to make the holidays healthy AND delicious.
That starts with this holiday themed dark chocolate bark! Pomegranates are the fruit of the season, and they’re very healthy too, so why not incorporate them into some fun holiday meals.
Here’s why your heart will thank you for making this fun no bake holiday treat:
- It loaded, and I mean LOADED with antioxidants. Dark chocolate and pomegranates are known for their high antioxidant content. A sprinkle of antioxidants from the hemp seeds on top just takes this to the next level!
- Dark chocolate is known to help regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Pomegranates are also a great way to reduce high blood pressure, and they’re beneficial to your gut health too!
The moral of the story is, eat chocolate and feel GOOD about it! As someone who has a major sweet tooth but doesn’t want the added sugars of milk of white chocolate, this holiday treat is my dream come true. Get excited, this holiday season we’ll be having good food, and feeling good about it too!
If you try out this recipe, make sure you tag @minoomakesstuff so I can see it too!
For more recipes like this, subscribe to my mailing list here!
To check out my other recipes, click here!
Healthy Holiday Dark Chocolate Bark: Low sugar, high in Antioxidants
The perfect holiday snack that you can enjoy all day with zero guilt!
1 Bar Dark Chocolate (% of your choosing)
1/4 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
1 Tbsp crushed Walnuts
1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- Start by breaking your chocolate up into pieced and placing it in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave your chocolate in 10 second increments, stirring in between until fully melted.
- Line an oven sheet or a tray with parchment paper.
- Pour your melted chocolate out on the tray and spread it to a thin layer.
- Add your pomegranate seeds, crushed walnuts, and hemp seeds and lightly press them into the chocolate.
- Place your chocolate in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or in the freezer for 30 min to set.
- Break apart your healthy dark chocolate bark and enjoy!
- I used 85% dark chocolate for my bark, but higher or lower percentage can be used based on sugar preference (the higher the healthier!)
- Chocolate can also be melted on the stove, in a bowl over a pot of boiling water if microwave isn’t available.
- You can add more or less ingredients than mentioned, add your own ingredients, and really make it your own!