If you’re a fan of crispy, flavorful bread, this 5-ingredient Focaccia recipe is a must-try. Perfect for those who appreciate the ‘set it and forget it’ approach to baking, this no-knead focaccia is a testament to the simplicity and deliciousness of homemade bread.
A Recipe That Celebrates Simplicity
Focaccia, with its crispy exterior and soft, airy interior, is a beloved Italian bread. This version requires minimal ingredients and effort, making it accessible to bakers of all skill levels. With just flour, salt, yeast, and olive oil, you can create a bread that’s perfect as a side, for sandwiches, or simply enjoyed on its own.
Customizing Your Focaccia
- Topping Variations: Customize your focaccia with toppings like rosemary, cherry tomatoes, or olives for added flavor.
- Flour Options: Experiment with different types of flour, such as whole wheat or a gluten-free blend.
- Olive Oil Alternatives: For a different flavor profile, try using infused olive oils like garlic or herb-infused varieties.
The Joy of Making Focaccia
This focaccia recipe isn’t just about baking bread; it’s about creating a culinary masterpiece with ease. The process is forgiving and flexible, perfect for busy schedules or lazy weekends. The result is a versatile bread that’s as suitable for a family dinner as it is for a special occasion.
An Invitation to Bake and Savor
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or new to the kitchen, this focaccia recipe invites you to explore the joys of Italian bread making. It’s a celebration of simple ingredients and techniques coming together to create something extraordinary. So, why wait? Get your ingredients ready and bake your way to a crispy, delicious focaccia. Buon appetito!
5 Ingredient Focaccia Bread
- 4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tsp instant yeast
- 2 Tsp salt
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- 6 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In a bowl, add all purpose flour, salt and instant yeast, and give that a mix.
- Add in warm water, and mix until a stick dough forms (this is a no knead recipe).
- Top with 2 tbsp olive oil, making sure the dough is covered in olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for anywhere from 12 hours – 3 days (I recommend 24 hours minimum).
- After your 12 hours – 3 days are up, line your baking sheet with parchment paper, and a lot of olive oil, about 3 tbsp.
- Release the dough from the sides of the bowl with your hands, bringing it to the centre to form a ball. Depending on the size of your baking sheet, divide the dough in 2 or make one big sheet.
- Place your dough ball in the centre of your tray, coating it in the olive oil so it’s fully covered. Allow to rest for 2-4 hours in a warm spot (like in your microwave)
- Finally, add a tbsp of olive oil to the dough, and using oiled hands start to dimple the dough (press into it with your fingers) slowly spreading the dough the to sides of the dish. Sprinkle with salt or add any toppings you like.
- Bake a 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes, then let cool for atleast 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!! 💛